Friday, March 6, 2009

To many doomsday prophecies

As I take a look at the world and the people in it I ask myself what does the future hold. Why? Because too many people just don't care what the hell is going on in the world and if they say that they do care they do nothing to show that they do. For years now we have been all told that if we continue down the path that we have been their will be no more future to worry about. Yet everyone seems completely uncaring and happy to just accept whatever might happen in the future as if it will never happen.

Here’s my dilemma: do I just let people continue messing up the world we have to live in or do I yell in their face “THE WORLDS GOING TO SHIT YOU IDIOT, WHY ARE JUST DOING NOTHING?” Seriously what do I do? On one hand I don’t alienate people but they just casually continue in their stupor, the other I alienate people and they think I’m just some crazy.

And this is where my problem comes from; we are now living in an age of information overload. There is so much to take in that we’ve learned to just tone out all the stuff that isn’t interesting. Furthermore there are so many crazies out there who have been going on about the end of the world and conspiracy theories that we no longer take anything seriously anymore, just like the boy who cried wolf.

Stack this all on-top of the fact that modern life is so hectic that most don’t even have enough time to stop and wipe and it’s no wonder people are doing nothing. Sadly as long as we continue to do nothing and let big business run wild destroying whatever they want just for profit we are doomed. So I’m calling you out, we can ether do nothing and continue down this path of disparity or we can be something and fight to save the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment